The elbow is a hinge joint that connects to the humerus bone of the upper arm to the radius and ulna bones of the lower arm. A system of muscles, tendons, and ligaments allows complex movements. Because of these movements, the elbow joint can be stressed and is prone to overuse or acute injuries.
This can affect patients of all ages and lifestyles. Like other joints in the body, elbow pain can result from a sports injury, like tennis elbow, or wear and stress over time, like arthritis.
Common Symptoms treated by Dr. Nowak:
- Aching Pain & Bruising/Discoloration
- Elbow pain with movement & tenderness
- Disturbed sleep from elbow pain & swelling
- Elbow or hand weakness & Pinching sensation
- Radiating pain from shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand.
Arthroscopic and mini-open procedures are offered for the following conditions: ulnar nerve transposition, bone chips (joint mice), biceps tendinopathy or ruptures, olecranon bursitis, Golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow.