The hand consists of many bones and joints, as well as ligaments, tendons muscles, nerves, and cartilage, that work together to perform routine and complex tasks. The frequency with which we move our hands makes them predisposed to overuse and injury. this can significantly impact our daily lives. Activities at home, work, or sports can leads to tendonitis, arthritis, or carpal tunnel syndrome.
Common Symptoms treated by Dr. Nowak:
- Thumb or joint pain
- Pain flexing or extending fingers
- hands or fingers tingling
- Hands or wrist pain
- Cysts on the wrist or fingers
- Joint swelling or stiffness
- Radiating pain from elbow to wrist or hand
Arthroscopic or mini-open procedures are offered for the following conditions: carpal tunnel syndrome, fractures, arthritis, mallet finger and trigger finger.